The love and intrigue for Chardonnay is growing, gone are the Chardonnays of the 80’s (thankfully) and instead refined and balanced Chardonnays are appearing from the cool climate regions of Australia and the world.
To celebrate this wonderful variety, we are hosting our first Benchmarking Masterclass. What is a benchmarking masterclass? essentially it is a ‘blind’ tasting of Chardonnays from around Australia, NZ and France where you will taste, learn and discover the variances and the beauty of Chardonnay.
This session is for all wine lovers and appreciators, those new to the world of wine and those with a variety of knowledge under their belt.
Our chief winemaker and confessed Chardonnay romantic, John Durham, will guide a high brow/ low brow interactive tasting session, designed to create conversation, learn, laugh and meet new people, all accompanied by a delicious tasting board from Annie’s Kitchen.
John joined the Austins & Co. team as Head Winemaker 12 months ago, bringing with him over 40 year’s experience in winemaking. John has worked at wineries including Cape Mentelle, Mosswood in Margaret River and Plantagenet Wines, Mount Barker.
John states his winemaking philosophy is “based around the balance and harmony of both the structural components and flavour of wine”.
The wines that you will be tasting are:
- Leeuwin Estate Art Series Chardonnay, Margaret River
- Frogmore Creek Chardonnay, Tasmania
- Elgee Park Family Reserve Chardonnay, Mornington
- Giant Steps Tarraford Chardonnay, Yarra Valley
- Ata Rangi Petrie Chardonnay, New Zealand
- Savaterre Chardonnay, Beechworth
- Austins & Co. Ellyse Chardonnay, Geelong
- Domaine Bernard Moreau, Chassagne Montrachet, 1er Cru La Maltroie, Burgundy, France
Your tasting plate will be provided by Annie’s Kitchen and will include:
- Chicken & white truffle terrine
- Blue swimmer crab Brandade
- Coffin bay oyster w/ chardonnay vinegar, shallots & lemon thyme
- New season asparagus, tarragon mayonnaise, hazelnut
- White anchovy, pickled fennel, garlic croute
- Pyngana cheddar, peach & rosemary gastrique, shallot loaf
It is a unique opportunity to taste wines that are of exceptional quality, paired with a delicious food offering.
This tasting is well worth over $120 and we are offering each place for $79.
There are only 30 spots available so book now.
Saturday October 7, 1pm.