Become an Austin’s Cellar Door Founding Member
If you’ve had a chance to visit our winery at one of our pop-up events, you will appreciate the love we have for our location in the Moorabool Valley, and the stunning views we luckily get to see everyday. The Moorabool Valley truly is a hidden gem of the Geelong wine region and for a long time (over a decade!), we’ve been wanting to build a cellar door to show it off to our guests.
Well, the time has come. The site’s been selected, the plans are drawn. It’s just a few steps away and we are so excited to get it started!
To date, we’ve been able to raise 70% of funding for the cellar door and we’re now asking our customers to help us reach our target, so we can get rolling and create this incredible space. We’ve always believed it’s our privilege to make our wine for the people and we thought what better way to always remember what we’re trying to achieve, than by having our cellar door built by the people.
So, we created a limited-edition special blend wine for the occasion and by purchasing, you will become a founding member. Capturing the beauty of the region’s landscape, we collaborated with local artist Natalie Anderson to create the labels for this release. The finished products are bottles to be admired as you enjoy their contents, or present it to your favourite people as the gift that keeps on giving.
So what’s included in an Austin’s Wines foundation Cellar Door Membership?
As if wonderful wine wasn’t enough, we’ve included some delicious extras:
- Invitation to the exclusive VIP pre-opening event where you get to see your name stamped on the door… literally.
- A 10% discount on any wine purchase or cellar door event for the first 12 months from opening.
- Your choice from either pinot noir or shiraz from our award-winning winery, available in mixed or straight dozens
What wines are included?
We love a reason to put our creativity and skills to the test to perfect a blend. And we think we’ve risen to the occasion with these.
2019 Cellar Door Pinot Noir: Lovely ripe fruits of dark cherry and plum overlayed with savoury spice and firm structure.
2019 Cellar Door Shiraz: A cool climate shiraz with aromatics of ripe red berries and black mulberry. A smooth palate of concentrated berry compote, charry oak and a hint of vanilla.
RRP $299 for 1 Dozen.
The wine is strictly limited edition, with only 3,960 bottles made of each wine, which are individually numbered.
Our Cellar Door Vision
So, let’s take a sneak peak at our plans.
We’ll be converting our working shearing shed that’s been on the property for years. There will be ample room to build the cellar door and bar, a kitchen, casual seating and an outside picnic area. We’re looking to build a multi-purpose space that will become the food and wine hub of the Moorabool Valley, showcasing the best produce and products from local suppliers and artisans. Here, we will host interactive masterclasses about food, wine, art and anything else you love to do with family and friends.
With a family-friendly atmosphere and amenities, there’ll be lots of wide, open lawn for the kids to run around, while the adults sit back and enjoy a bottle of wine, a bite to eat and the company of each other. The cellar door will be a place that offers experiences, learnings and opportunities to connect and converse with a wide range of people, all with a common love of fun. This will include:
- Wine/winery experiences such as Rent-A-Vine, day workshops, year long courses, blending workshops, wine tasting boards
- Wine tasting offered as a traditional drop-in, but also ticketed tasting sessions
- Regular Sunday sessions with food trucks, cocktails and music
- A community vegetable and herb garden, which will be Richard’s special project
- Pam is dusting off her apron to serve you a wine or two, answering any questions you may have
- Liz is already taste testing cheeses to pair with the wines and researching her favourite caterers and food trucks
- Scott’s practicing his hosting duties, like the wonderful host he is
- And Belle’s trying to put her 1000’s of ideas into some sort of workable order, ready for implementation.