Camilla from Smith & Co. Foods is an absolute natural in the kitchen and her recipes are heart-warming, delicious and easy to prepare. Mill learnt to prepare pasta traditionally when she attended the Culinary Institute of Bologna (covered in our previous post) and it was incredible to learn from Mill how simple it is to prepare such delicious food from scratch using so little ingredients.
We asked Mill to produce her signature heart-warming dishes using our wines and she jumped at the opportunity. What a treat it was, her dishes were delicious!
One of our favourite dishes was the Chardonnay and Mushroom sauce that accompanied the fresh fettuccine. Mill used our Austins & Co. Chardonnay, which is a cool climate Chardonnay. Hand-harvested and matured in French oak, our Chardonnay is elegant with subtle hints of oak and a creamy, balanced palate, which is why it compliments creamy, mushroom sauces so well.
To try this delicious meal at home, check out our previous post on how to make fresh fettuccine and follow the recipe below for the sauce.
1. Add the olive oil to a pan over a medium heat and add garlic, cook until lightly brown around two minutes.
2. Lower the heat and add mushrooms to the pan, sauté for five minutes. Pour in the wine and cook for a further 10 minutes.
3. Add the cream and chopped herbs and cook for 10 minutes, drizzle some truffle oil through the mixture, no more than a teaspoon.
4. Add the cut pasta to a pot of boiling water with salt and cook until al dente.
5. Add cooked pasta to the mushroom sauce and mix through.
6. Serve with cracked pepper and Parmesan with fresh herbs on top.
7. Pour yourself a glass of Chardonnay and enjoy! Delizioso!